Ultra Short Throw Projection

Chris_W

24 minutes ago, Chris_W said:

Are you able to put them in the screen tool or do you just drop them in as objects? What about adjusting for different screen sizes?

If you're running Spotlight or are using the Landru Design version of the video tools, all you have to do is to add that file to the "...Libraries\Defaults\Video Screen\Projector Models" folder.  Then, when you use one of the projection tools, those projector models will be available to you.  The tools will handle screen sizing and projector placement for you.

• Like 1

Theres a fault with my projector data. You need to add "mm" to the measurements in the data records for these to work in imperial files.

Also, I think Vectorworks have changed the necessity to look in library files for the symbols. As far as I can see, the tool now looks for any symbol in the file or library files with the correct record attached (__VS-ModData)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, markdd said:

There's a fault with my projector data. You need to add "mm" to the measurements in the data records for these to work in imperial files.

The same thing is true if your units are in Imperial and you want your projector(s) to work in Metric files.  Units markers need to be included.

1 note:  Don't change the field formats in the Record from Text to Dimension.  They need to remain Text fields with units markers manually added.

3 hours ago, markdd said:

Also, I think Vectorworks have changed the necessity to look in library files for the symbols. As far as I can see, the tool now looks for any symbol in the file or library files with the correct record attached (__VS-ModData)

The tools look in both places.  I simply suggested the external folder assuming the Symbols would be needed in files beyond the current model.

• Like 1

You guys rock! Thanks for the guidance.

A couple of questions... mind you this is coming from someone who isn't super familiar with this type of projection... (I'm an audio guy...don't tell anyone...)

While using this file with the screen tool, it seems the widest lens option available is .64, don't these lens' go down to .3? Do I need to just put it in as a custom value?

Also - It looks like the projector is placed below the floor. The only way to fix it is by putting the screen up high (Z=6'), which isn't physically possible in this room. Typically when I see these set up, they are close to inline with the bottom the screen... am I missing something? Changing alignment to bottom of screen doesn't really seem to do anything but change where the cone is.

At the end of the day, I just need to know how much room to leave behind it. The 3D render isn't terribly important. 

image.thumb.png.64986d0a5f0929650c5098f05552002d.pngimage.thumb.png.da87f8f4c0e687290818e7066ac6e9f9.png