Dongle trouble

Powerbook G4

Running MAC OS X 10.3.8

Vectorworks 10.5

Working with vectorworks with no problem and then for no apparent reason I receive the following message ?there is no vectorworks dongle attached to this computer. Vectorworks will now quit.? The dongle is attached and has not been moved or touched. I have tried using the other USB port but to no avail. As yet I have not tried deleting the preferences or switched dongles with a different computer as I would like your comments first. Many thanks, leo.

i had this problem but on Windows, when going into sleep mode, upon wakening the same message would appear and close VW. In the end I stopped using sleep mode whilst in Vectorworks and extended the times this does this by the OS to ensure a similiar occurance did not happen.

Nemetschek accepted it as a problem but offered no patch or solution other than what I described and said as they now had VW11 no further development of VW 10 would take place. I was also assured this did not happen in VW11.

You could try this solution or do a search of the forum archives as I think this was an issue when VW10 first came out for Mac users.

We shall see, my new company has purchased VW11.5, I load it on tomorrow and we are Mac based. Hoping to see no such dongle(hate the things) problems.

Regards

Alan

leopickford -

How long into working in VW do you get the message?

Is it only happening after the computer or monitor goes to sleep?

How many USB devices are plugged into your computer?