Vectorworks > C4D - can't replace native texture with v-ray alternative?

aaronrey

I have exported a model which I have made in Vectorworks and then turned into a symbol.

It pulls through to C4D fine with the native Vectorworks texture but when I drag a V-Ray material over the top to replace it (the wood in this case). it is as if the model is transparent and it textures the plane.

Any one have any ideas?

I'm a beginner when it comes to V-ray and using that is the end goal here so any advice on workflow would be great.

It's pulling through quite messy at the moment and wondering how C4D interpretes classes and symbols.

Cheers,

Aaron

If the object you are trying to texture is the Pinnacle Hill Climber - then the issue is that it's an instance.  When you move from VW to C4D - symbols are turned into instances.  There should be a null (folder) called symbols in your import that is hidden from viewport and render - this is your original geometry - and any "instances" of your symbol in the scene are just that - instances.  So you would have to retexture the original hidden geometry for this instance to update.  Makes sense?

That said - Fabricas method is the easiest.

e.