charlette

Cannot drag objects beyond current display screen

Question

Hi all,

I just updated to Vectorworks 2019 and can no longer drag objects outside of my current display screen, which usually moves the drawing/page as I drag the object along.

Vectorworks Preferences "click drag drawing" is selected.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

4 answers to this question

VW has always been picky about dragging past the edge of the screen. You have to stay within the edge do the drawing window at least if you are working with Use Application Windows turned on.

You need to be within the ruler bar (about 3/16 inch / 3 mm) of the edge to get the window to scroll. If you drag outside of the drawing window VW assumes you want to make a palette selection or something similar.

HTH

• Like 1

Due to the introduction of Multiple View Panes, it may be a little harder to get to that "sweet spot" where VW will scroll. This is something we are aware of and working on. We are trying to find the perfect balance in order to allow users to move between View Panes but also move the cursor out of the drawing area to scroll. Hopefully we can fix this for you!

• Like 2

We noticed this change in behaviour from VW2018 to VW2019. In 2018 you could just move the cursor anywhere outside the window and it would scroll. Now in 2019, you have to be very precise. Prefer the 2018 behaviour.

• Like 1

I agree. I prefer the VW2018 version of scrolling. It's distracting to find the correct positioning.