vectorcheetah

PDF only visible in active layer!

Hello, I'm just learning to use the program and I imported a PDF file to trace over. 

BUT I can only see it while the PDF layer is ACTIVE. as soon as I turn on the design layer above it to draw I can only see the outline of the PDF. see images below. 

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it?

Thank you in advance

vw problem 1.png

vw problem 2.png

You need to set your Layer visibility options to Show Others or Show Snap Others.

Your two layers also need to be the same scale and both in Top/Plan View.

• Like 3

@vectorcheetah Since you mention being new to Vectorworks, you may also want to check out the Getting Started Guide video about "Importing a Scanned plan" here. The GSG videos are quite useful for both new users and those who have never had any formal training.

• Like 1

Looking for this tutorial as well, link seems to just take you to the University main page. For others looking for it, it's couched under "Getting Started: BIM - Architectural" - it's the first tutorial "Importing a scanned plan"

@trashcan Since I posted my previous comment in this thread, we launched VWU, so the older link no longer goes right to the previous GSG video. Regardless, the video is still available and is the first segment in the BIM - Architectural course at VWU. 

• Like 1