Crash when creating New Class while objects selected

Matt Hunt

Question

I'm working in a complex 2D file with numerous layers and a lot of lighting objects in it.  There are a lot of very small (in terms of bits and bytes) 2D decor symbols.  They all got dumped in to the "0" class.  I sorted them into discreet classes, like "Decor-table," "Decor-chair," etc.  When I selected 10-15 of the little 2D circles with a fill that stood for tables and were symbols, then selected "Class - New Class" from the Object Info drop-down, VWX2019, SP5 crashed.  Just winked out like I'd hit "End Task" in Task Manager.

This sort of thing has been happening a lot since about April, and only just now have I caught exactly what I was doing when it crashed.  I suspect there are other things causing this sort of crash too.

If I create the New Class first, then select the objects to put into it, that seems to work.  Sometimes in the heat of the moment, however, I'll grab a bunch of items and then decide they deserve a class of their own, and then I guess I'm in trouble.  I've re-set my Auto-Save to every 2 minutes, which is super-annoying, but at least I have to redo less work each time.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet