Multiply two database cell values

I see the value in A2 is summed. I suppose B2 has added values. You should also add values in D2. Otherwise you’ll get the unitary price. By the way you don’t even have to put a calculation in D2. Just the same formula as in C2 would do, just add the values.

In a worksheet all rows are calculated and only after the row calculation sums and add values are calculated. This means that in B2 there will always be “1”  so B2*C2 equals 1*C2 or just C2. After that calculation rows are summed and values added where this is asked.

I hope this is clear.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

What are the formulas in B2 and C2?

@Pat Stanford Many thanks for your help.

The formula in B2 is COUNT and the formula in C2 is just reading a number value assigned to a symbol through a record format. I attach a screenshot of the report data.

All I want to do is to multiply the number of items (from Count) x $ cost of each item (record format attached to symbols). 

2063444057_datainreport.thumb.png.c9be28c476234f0e2ec4e9a34210f259.png

Edited by martinfdc
8 hours ago, Peter Vandewalle said:

I see the value in A2 is summed. I suppose B2 has added values. You should also add values in D2. Otherwise you’ll get the unitary price. By the way you don’t even have to put a calculation in D2. Just the same formula as in C2 would do, just add the values.

In a worksheet all rows are calculated and only after the row calculation sums and add values are calculated. This means that in B2 there will always be “1”  so B2*C2 equals 1*C2 or just C2. After that calculation rows are summed and values added where this is asked.

I hope this is clear.

Many thanks @Peter Vandewalle, I did what you recommended and my problem was solved.

I added the values in D2 and it worked. The result in D2 works either with a formula or with simply placing the same formula as in C2 and adding values as you say. I obviously prefer to go with the same formula as in C2 as it's easier and automated.