Scroll position of Nav Palette should stay where it is after editing Class

Christiaan

Question

4 answers to this question

Another way this problem manifests is that the Nav Palette scrolling position can move when you make an edit on a design layer. So you make an edit, then go immediately to switch layers, only for the Nav Palette scrolling position to move before the input from the mouse is received, activating the wrong layer. 

Edited by Christiaan

This was the feedback I got from the engineer:

One thing about the designed behavior is that the sorting is always maintained. So if I rename a class that started with 'C' to start with 'T", its position in the list will change greatly, and it will be necessary to scroll the list to keep that class on screen.

It looks like scrolling can  happen when you edit a class, even if it is not renamed. We should be able to prevent any scrolling if the class is not renamed.

The designed behavior is that the edited class should always remain selected, but it looks like that does not always happen, so we should fix that. Also the designed behavior is that the edited class should always be on screen, although its position may change. I see that it does not always remain on screen. It seems like there are more problems when it is in hierarchical display.

Edited by Christiaan