Horizontal Section Viewport and Section Instances

@markdd This is what I'm talking about: http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2019/eng/index.htm#t=VW2019_Guide%2FViewports1%2FSection_Line_Instances.htm&rhhlterm=section line instances&rhsyns= &ux=search 

The lines that indicate where a section is running through in a plan view; I can't get to show these on a horizontal section viewport.

Edited by martinfdc

I just tried with a horizontal section and I don't think it is possible to add a Section Line to a Section Viewport. You can add a section line to any other sheet layer viewport using the Section Line Instances button just not other Section Viewports.

The workaround is to do it manually using the Section Line tool in the Dims/Notes toolset, but you can't link it to a viewport which is a shame because you won't get the automatic number feature which I find really useful.

Maybe someone else knows a better way....

• Like 1

@martinfdc I agree, with your point. 

We have created horizontal sections, through say, a piece of joinery before. 

But inside the horizontal section, we do not have have the 'section line instances' to choose which 'elevation viewport' or 'section viewport' this 'section marker' should appear in. 

Improvements we would like to see:

(1) Horizontal Sections should be able to be created through an elevation or section viewport. Not just through 'clip cube'
(2) 'Horizontal Section Line Instances' to be added for these viewport

I've attached a couple of screenshot to explain how we do it, and what is missing. I think it is what you described too? 

VW-Horizontal Section 1.png

VW-Horizontal Section 2.png

• Like 1