Video Screen Sizing/Scaling

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I'm glad you have video inputs working!

I'd need to let someone who knows more about VW chime in here (I'm a Vision developer), but you can adjust texture scaling in your VWX on the VW side of things.

If you are using MVR, you can simply export and overwrite the old MVR file and merge these changes via MVR into Vision. If you aren't using MVR, you should look into it!

• 4 months later...

I'm having a similar issue as the OP.  Has anyone managed to resolve scaling issues with video playback? 

I've drawn a 16:9 LED video wall in VW with dims of 16' x 9'.  When I export via MVR to Vision and configure the NDI input my content shows up 1.85:1. 

The source is 16:9 ratio via VLC using NDI.tv tools as the encoder.

Any suggestions?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 1/10/2020 at 3:28 PM, jeff_farrow said:

I've drawn a 16:9 LED video wall in VW with dims of 16' x 9'.  When I export via MVR to Vision and configure the NDI input my content shows up 1.85:1. 

The source is 16:9 ratio via VLC using NDI.tv tools as the encoder.

Any suggestions?

I would try adjust the Texture Scale/Offset H/Offset V in Vision to start. If this gets you even remotely close to the desired look then it seems like the texture coordinates coming into Vision are off. These texture coordinates come from the modeling program, in this case VW. If the texture coordinates are off in VW, it would be interesting to know what you are applying the texture to. Is this a parametric television or blended screen? Or is this a simple extrude with the texture attribute mapping tool being used to apply the texture to the mesh?