Gobos not rendering

symo

Having an issue where gobos arent rendering correctly in sheet layers. I read somewhere that rendering gobos is more reliable in sheet layers - and I have found this to be true. Heres a render of the problem:

Gobo Render Issue V1.pdf

The profiles over the tables should show dot gobos in all 9 of them - but they dont show in the render. I used a custom render with all setting set to low. I tried a final quality render - but no change. I have tried swapping-out the symbol, but this hasnt made any difference.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

File here:

Gobo Render Issue V1.vwx

You have have hit on a frustration that took me a while to work out. Gobos and shutters are only created within a lighting device when they are turned on from the design layer. You have turned yours on using overrides from the Viewport using the visualisation palette. In effect, the light is turned on but the gobo is not generated.

When dealing with gobos and shutters its best to reverse the process and turn them on permanently in the design layer and then turn them off as required in the viewport.

I hope that makes sense

Mark

Untitled.thumb.png.e8dd6ac238066d14bf2373b66822a396.png

• Like 2