OpenGL Lighting Very Dark

LightGuy145

I have two different computers running 2019; on one computer when I render in OpenGL the  lighting gets very dark. On my other computer, no issue. I've explored the most obvious things, such as "Set Lighting Options..." and the Renderworks background settings... nothing seems to make much of a difference. Cranking the emitter brightness past 100% helps a little bit, but not much. In other render modes it is then too bright. I've been rendering in a shaded polygon mode as a workaround just to get something that looks similar to what I'm used to seeing in OpenGL. I don't see any substantial differences between my lighting settings on the two computers. I'm not using any light objects in the drawing, just trying to use a global ambient light to see my model. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here? I don't have layers or classes grayed. I'm not working with a black background. I'm using Unified view but I don't think that would be pertinent, all layers have the same scale and Renderworks background. Help!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you are on Windows make sure your video driver is the latest from your card manufacturer (get it from their site).

Also if this article applies to your computer maybe it is stuck using the integrated video instead of the better discrete video: