Callouts & General Notes

I am working w/ VW11.5 in Windows and have had problems using Callouts and General Notes. Callout text is consistently inserted as a single line of vertical text that I cannot stretch out to read horizontal. With General Notes, I cannot Add notes or Delete notes from pre-existing General Notes. Any suggestions on how I need to fix this?

Callouts and WinXP do not get along. VW has an issue with these as I have been having repeated problems even with the latest Windows patch. Go to the Callout Tool Preference window and set the max text width to 2", which I think is the default setting. You can also use the Width tab in the Object Info Palette to adjust the '0' width to 2".

As for the General Notes.......haven't had that probelm yet.

Good Luck,

Tom in PA

I have also started experiencing callout problems since updating to 11.5. I use the ISO format (line under text) set on AUTO to choose left or right orientation. The little suckers keep flipping on me, so the text boxes shift from where I put them, usually over some part of the drawing. I have to go through the viewports and manually change them all back. Only happens sometimes but damned annoying. Didn't happen till I up(?)graded. I'm on XP too.