2D Components Not Showing Consistently Opaque

Tom Klaber

Question

I am really giving this interior elevation and 2D components in Symbols thing a go.  The biggest issue I am now facing is that the 2D components do not show consistently as solid - often showing the wall hatch behind them.  The frustrating thing is that while it is stable (it always shows as just linework - or with fill) what objects or even parts of a single object is seemingly random. 

Here you can see a faucet, mirror, and shelf, all with 2D components.  The shelf and mirror are 1 symbol, and the faucet is one.  The shelf and faucet controls are showing correctly while the mirror and the faucet itself are not solid.  

TESTING.thumb.JPG.03ce4d8e9036b75ac2d1f96b017267dc.JPG

I can not figure out what is going on.  I have looked at the position of the 2D and 3d objects in relation to the 

8 answers to this question

As @Pat Stanford mentioned, stacking order could be a thing.

What I have noticed (also with some other 3D capable programs) is that when two objects intersect in some way, even if it is just two surfaces touching, it will show the fill/hatch of one but not the other and it may seem random. Stacking order does sometimes play a role with that.

If you move the mirror away just enough from the wall go create a gap (e.g. 0.1 or 0.01 mm) does that solve the issue? For the faucet there could be a part that touches the tiled wall somewhere (.e.g a connection that touches the wall or goes through it)

We have the similar issue, also related to controlling attributes of items in Symbols.

Wanting our our furniture (3D symbols) to show as 'dotted outlines' in interior elevations, we created their 2D in front, back and side elevations instances, and placed them in a class called 'IDES - FURN - OUTLINES'.

However, we cannot control how these outlines appear.

Sometimes they are solid, sometimes they don't appear, but we can't get them to show as dotted.