Move 3d not working?

Hello VWX Hivemind....

I read several other posts regarding the same issue, although it seems those solutions aren't helping here. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm working on creating my own seating library that includes various table and chair configurations. Very simple, just enough to plug into a quick drawing...

image.thumb.png.5a227b6653c4f5f720f2c7b9404bb1a4.png

This is an example of what I'm building. The chairs are stock symbols, the table surface is just a circle (no thickness). 

image.thumb.png.c6045701d9c03e7d28093f6a1a19a8e6.png

I was able to Modify>Move 3D... to bring the circle to 30" high. I also sent the chair symbols to the back, so they would look like they were under the table. This also has the added benefit of keeping the circle in the right spot if you do view it in the 3D. Happy Day.

So I go to make the next set, add the circle, go to Modify>Move 3D... and the option is greyed out? I saw in another post to make sure layers and classes are 'Show/Snap/Modify Others,' but that doesn't seem to be the issue. 

Thoughts?

In the circle's Object Info Palette, is "Plane" set to Screen or Layer? If you set it to Layer you should be able to move the object in 3D.

(Screen plane objects don't have any 3D orientation—they always appear as though drawn directly on your computer screen.)

• Like 1

@tsw BINGO. Thank you.

...and thus the trigger to learn more about planes.

My work around ended up being extruding the circle to give it thickness (1.5"). Looks like that takes away the plane option all together. And it looks a lot better....

Edited by Chris_W