Imported PDF Fill in 2019

michaelk

Question

2 answers to this question

I can verify it happens in v2019. I don't remember that happening before.  But, seems likely. Or maybe the pdf import is just becoming more flexible.

I usually draw in None class.  My None class definition: Fill = none, Use at Creation disabled, no textures.  So I normally would not see a background fill in imported pdf, unless it has a native fill.

Exploring a bit.

Imported pdf was created in vwx.  Tried text block with and without fill.

• If a pdf has a native background fill at time of import, that native fill overrides the drawing fill setting and active class fill setting.

• Same native primacy if active class is set to Use at Creation, but class fill is None.  Even if drawing fill is enabled

• If active class has fill and Use at Creation, then

A. imported pdf with no native fill takes the class fill

B.  imported pdf with native fill keeps its native fill.

• If imported Pdf has no native fill, then background fill (none, native, anything) can be adjusted to any of the Attribute Palette Fill choices - solid, image, pattern, etc.

The above applies to geometry, too.

Other shapes, eg rectangle with native fill keeps its fill.  None fill rectangle takes the class or drawing fill, and can be adjusted via the Attributes Palette.

Weird!

Export of Text block on top of rectangle (no fill either one) acts as single pdf entity on import - The Attributes Palette or class setting adjusts background fill of both the text and the rectangle to same fill.

Oy! I quit -  this could go on and on with exporting vwx classes and/or layers to pdf layers

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
more explain, more complain