Gradient type radial question

i need to have a radial gradient applied to a polygon that is shaped like a puzzle piece. overall size is about 6". what i would like to do is have the center part white and only the edges, say 1" border, to have color.

so the edge would be full color and then fade to white within that 1 inch border.

any ideas?

The best option I could offer is not to use the radial unless your puzzle is fairly circular. I think I would create a 1" x X" rectangular polygon with invisible borders, get the type of linear gradient you want in it and then duplicate and rotate it around your edges. Obviously the fewer curves you have the easier it will be. Mitre the corners but don't combine the polys.

A second option would be to take your poly to Photoshop. Run a path around it with the pen, stroke the path with the airbrush set to the appropriate brush style & size, color & pressure, and then delete the half of the stroke that lies outside the poly. Bring back to VW as an image.

[ 05-27-2005, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Delmer ]