2d/3d Label Legends

JHLD

I've just (finally) updated to 2019 from 2016, and the one new thing I really want to try out is the new label legends. So, I've opened an existing 2016 file in 2019 and want to start using this feature, but I just can't seem to wrap my head around it. If I change my existing legends to either, or both, the whole label disappears, and there is now just a horizontal line. Ive looked and looked for a video to explain, and the manual comes up a bit short. It doesn't seem to be so straight forward as it was. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edited by JHLD
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

So you can have a legend that displays in both 2d and 3d. A 3d label legend should only display in 3d and 2d the same. You also need to tell the fixture in what view to show the 3d label legend. This can be done in the OIP or by double clicking the instrument.

Would recommend using classes for 3d field labels for this.

Best

Tom 

Well. I've been playing around, and seem to have better luck by trial and error. Looks like I get what I want by selecting "3D only"  -  I get both 2d and 3d labels ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. And that is where I get lost... If I select "2D Only" or "2D and 3D", I get nothing at all. It's all very confusing, when it should be simple (or maybe I'm the simple one). I think there should be more concise documentation on this

Edited by JHLD

OK. I think I'm getting the hang of it. Def not intuitive. New problem... I cannot get the legends to appear in "Hidden Line" view in my viewports. I can see the box that surrounds the label, but not the info itself. All appropriate classes are on. If I use "Hidden Line" in just the drawing, I can see all info.

Edited by JHLD
  • 3 weeks later...