Generate 2d from 3d Component - Line Weight

Kevin McAllister

Question

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Kevin,

This is by design. The command actually creates a profile line of 0.18mm and inner lines of 0.13mm. It was done this way in order to provide a reasonable set of line thickness without adding additional complexity to the user interface. I realize this is not ideal for everyone's standards but it can be changed easily after the fact.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Matt Panzer said:

Hi Kevin,

This is by design. The command actually creates a profile line of 0.18mm and inner lines of 0.13mm. It was done this way in order to provide a reasonable set of line thickness without adding additional complexity to the user interface. I realize this is not ideal for everyone's standards but it can be changed easily after the fact.

Thanks for the confirmation Matt. That makes sense. I guess eventually there may be a way to set this type of overall standard for a document.

Kevin

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
16 hours ago, Kevin McAllister said:

I guess eventually there may be a way to set this type of overall standard for a document.

In this case, pen attribute controls for the profile and inner lines could be added to the dialog. Of course, the controls would have the option to be "by class".

• Like 2