Bug with trees?

Fernanda Diaz

Question

Hello there 🙂

Having a weird issue with trees. Last week I rendered a viewport with no problems. Couple of days later I open the file, update the render and this is how my trees are looking like:

Capture1.thumb.PNG.5141f67e370d4c3c57070a50de1b3316.PNG

So: those trees are 3D Symbols I've got from the Vectorworks Library "Objects - Landscape plans - 3D image Props Photorealistic". I then scaled those using the Object Info Palette. The trees were placed into its own design layer.

I went looking into the design layer and the trees had the same appearance as in the rendered viewport, looking like a crazy stamped repeated symbol. What I did then was click on "edit 2D symbol". I didn't do any work inside the symbol just wanted to see what it was looking like - if anything weird was happening. It looked normal. So I exit the symbol editor and... voila. Trees back to normal.

Capture2.thumb.PNG.1813ecc5a45381b2ca3963413f10c2bd.PNG

Any explanation? 🤷‍♀️ Do I need to repeat this to the 3D symbols every time I get back working in a file?

Cheers

2 answers to this question