Jim Smith

Message Centre Crashes VW

Question

Every time I choose the Message Icon, VW starts to open said dialogue box then promptly freezes. Anyone else get this issue?

6 answers to this question

@Jim Smith any chance that the message center window is opening/hiding at one of the lower corners of your screen?  Changing the focus and giving the appearance of VW freezing? 

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 2.08.58 PM.png

If this is not the case, have you try rebooting your computer?

Posted (edited)

@JuanP Thanks,  I'm pretty sure the programme is frozen. Attached is a screen shot, the first time today was soon (less than an hour) after my morning restart. I just know not to use the icon, but sometimes forget.

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 15.12.42 (2).png

Edited by Jim Smith

@Jim SmithI have not been able to reproduce the issue. However, I managed to make Vectorworks crash once by clicking multiple times in the icon, using Mac OS 10.3.6 but not in any of the latest OS's. Reporting the issue to R&D. 

I just noted that I had a message, & thought I would try it since I updated with the latest SP (two weeks ago?) and the programme no longer freezes up. So just in time for VW20 this bug is resolved! THANKS!

• Like 1