Gobo projections stop appearing in renders

jarjones

Question

So yesterday I learned how to use gobos in my renderings and all was going along well and I was getting some renders I was happy with when they just stopped.  I can do the renders, but the gobos are showing up as a regular beam of light.  I haven't changed any settings.  These lights are in a separate class for the background scenery and have been rendering fine.  I've re-rendered viewports that they worked in earlier, but they don't now.  I've double-checked the gobo settings.  I've changed out the lights.  I've moved the focus points and the lights, thinking maybe I could force it to recalculate. I've restarted VW.  I've turned shadows on and off.  I've turned lights on and off. I've turned classes on and off. I've switched between PNG and JPEG compression.  I've purged the file.  I've upgraded to 2019 and done all that again and I cannot get the gobos to render, which wouldn't be as frustrating if they hadn't already been working.

Any help or workarounds are greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Then vs. Now:

version1.thumb.jpg.ef542223626eab23345ed55a8377960f.jpg

version2.thumb.jpg.d611920c3e63e58b48b53c8bd13b6601.jpg

1 answer to this question

I stumbled across a workaround, in case anyone is having a similar issue.  I was trying to diagnose the problem so I copied a bunch of the gobo lights and the floor and ground row into another document where they seemed to work ok without any changes.  I deleted the lights from the original file and copied the lights back in.  This made them work again.  Don't know why that worked, but I am back in action.

Jeff