Basic Palette tools hidden?

Tim Clinton

Question

8 answers to this question

I'm facing the same problem, I can't find the basic palette.

I just installed Vectorworks on my new mac and I can't find the Basic Palette.

Not even changing Workspace or doing right click on the empty space and it's not floating anywhere

Vectorworks Version: 2019 SP4 (Built 490894) (64-Bit)

Computer: Mojave Version 10.14.6

Any ideas how to solve this?

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 00.13.43.png

5 hours ago, Julia79 said:

I tried many things even resetting the preferences.

I'd like to know whether you mean you just clicked the 'Reset Preferences' button on the Vectorworks Preferences window, or if you executed the process referred to as, 'Resetting Vectorworks Preferences.' - If you did the latter, then my post to you on the other discussion about removing a migrated Workspace folder would be moot because the Resetting Vectorworks Preferences process accounts for this. 

I tried all different workspaces and it doesn't show up anywhere.

I tried resetting vectorworks preferences as in the tutorial here on the forum, not just clicking the button.
I installed Vectorworks form the scratch I was not taking the workspace from another old version.

It doesnt show on Workspace editor anywhere neither.

I could uninstall the program and install it again, but not sure this will work. Cause I just installed it and it appeared like this, it's not like the palette was there and then disappeared. So I assume it will be the same when I reinstall it..

Any clue what else I could try?

Thanks,

Julia

hace 4 horas, Boh dijo:

Are they showing in your workspace editor? Perhaps try a different workspace?

image.thumb.png.3ca98a686d7d672e07b977cb96f389cb.png

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 07.42.28.png

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 07.44.01.png

3 minutes ago, Julia79 said:

Any clue what else I could try?

It is very strange that a clean installation doesn't deliver the Basic Tools palette, although your installation is SP4, when the current Service Pack for Vectorworks is SP5.3. Ideally, you'd be on the latest Service Pack before starting troubleshooting. 

1. If you haven't already done so, restart your computer. Regardless of whether this resolves the issue: 
  2. Run the dedicated Vectorworks 2019 Updater app in the Vectorworks 2019 application folder. If that doesn't resolve this issue, proceed as follows: 

If you want to devote 5 to 20 minutes to determine if other software is causing inference with Vectorworks: 

1. Restart your Mac in 'Safe Mode': 
  2. Restart your computer and hold down the Shift key before you see the Apple logo. (It will take longer to boot up than normal). 
  3. Ensure no other programs are open when you open Vectorworks and see if the palette now appears. 
    • If the palette now displays you'll have to deduce what app is causing the conflict. Contact your local Vectorworks distributor if you need assistance. 

If Safe Mode doesn't enable Vectorworks to display the Basic Tool palette OR if you skip doing it, proceed as follows: 

1. Restart your Mac.
  2. If you have antivirus software I would disable that and keep it disabled until you have completed the following: 
  3. Re-downloaded the installer from Vectorworks Service Select. (Perhaps you current download/installer has been corrupted). 
  4. Uninstall Vectorworks (again). 
  5. Close all other apps. 
  6. Run through the installation. 
  7. If asked, don't migrate data from prior version. 

If you've noticed other oddities in the behaviour of your Mac outside of Vectorworks I'd consider something else is likely responsible. 

• Like 2