Wall Projection and Component Wrap Height

martinfdc

Question

Hi,

I attach a wall that has a wall feature attached to it. The wall has two components, one of the components (the brick cladding), has an offset relative to the wall of - 50 cm

I'd like the wrapping of the feature component be done by the brick cladding but at the correct height. Is this possible?

I tag @Alan Woodwell and @Matt Panzer as you both seem to know very well the wall tools. I would appreciate very much a hand!!

wall projection and wrapping height.jpg

Wall Projection and Component Wrap.vwx

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The best I can come up with is to use two wall features stacked vertically. The lower feature is the same height as the brick, the other feature's elevation is on top of the brick and extends to the top of the wall. Both features use the same size profile but have different settings.

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 2.43.13 PM.png

Wall Projection and Component Wrap-Matt.vwx

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Glad to help!

As for adoption to have the component heights match those of the wall, this could get tricky - especially with wall peaks. However, do post a wishlist for this. Even if it's limited, it might be able to solve the majority of cases.

It's a whole different story though if the wall feature is placed at the end of the wall... Wall projections are not meant to be placed at the end of walls, am I right?

I attach a file in which a wall with a wall projection should then pass to a wall that doesn't have brick cladding. Can't find a way to model this.

Walls.vwx

Edited by martinfdc
uploaded vectorworks file