Sizing

Hello all,

I apologize if this sounds very simple, but this is my first time working in a CAD program and I am learning as I go. Currently I am working on schematic plans for a new building we are currently in the middle of renovations on. I eventually would like to print out these plans in a standard architecture format through a printing agency. My current issue is in sizing the project in vectorworks. Currently the text is very small and I do not fully understand the ratios, which I feel is a basic starting point for the size of my project.

1. Am I able to size the text in an object (i.e ins and outs) 

2. How can I get the grid to change if I created the workspace already? I started in 1:50 (as I stated before I don't understand that fully) and have changed to 1:1 but my grid is not changing to match the objects scale

Again I apologize if this is vague or simple, but I hope to get some resolution on this soon, and appreciate any assistance.

1. The page size if set from the File menu under Page Setup. After that set your Layer Scale to some thing appropriate to have your drawing "fill" the paper.

2. You can make the text any size you want. To set the default text size make sure that nothing is selected (OIP Object Info Palette is blank) and then set the text size from the Text menu. This also works with all of the other text and object attributes (color, fill, italics, bold, font, etc.)

3. To change the size of a text object, select it (or multiple text objects you want to be the same size) and then set the size either from the Font menu or from the OIP.

4. To change the grid, double click on the Grid icon in the Snaps palette and set the grid spacing so it makes sense for the scale you are using. Is you are working at 1:50, then a grid of 1 meter might be appropriate, but a grid of 1 mm will be much to small and will not show.

5. Although you want to set the layer scale to something at least close to the final output scale, you don't have to think in scale. Just trust VW to give you the right lengths based on the feedback. To draw a 1 meter line, just start drawing and stop when the heads up display says 1 meter. It does not matter what scale you are in it will be the right length to scale.

• Like 1