Fixing a Busy Section View.

Fosterbryce8

Question

Hi all, 

This section view from my 3D model has a bunch of curved wall panels which gives me too many unnecessary lines. I have gone through multiple background renderrworks styles, open GL, hidden line, fast render, etc. I've gone through all the viewport settings and nothing will get rid of these inner curved lines. Image is attached.

Does anyone know how I can turn off these extra lines portraying the curves in walls?

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 8.12.51 AM.png

4 answers to this question

Usually you can get rid of "facet" lines by turning up the "crease angle" (OpenGL) or "smoothing angle" (Hidden Line) but those may not work if the geometry is inherently facetted (eg. the geometry is made of many polygons). In that case you might have to consider rebuilding the geometry to get it to render properly.

An alternate solution might be to assign the objects beyond the section plane to use a different class style (eg. lighter colour) in the Advanced Properties dialog. You could also use layer colours if your theatre architecture is on its own layer to do the same thing.

Kevin

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 7.05.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 7.17.49 AM.png