General Notes Page Creator Object

Tom Klaber

Question

Our Gen Notes pages are the bane (bain?) of my existence.  We need a General Notes Object that has smart text wrap, column, section, and page component.  I want to:

1) Have 1 centralized editor where I can see ALL my general notes.  

2) This editor should be able to set up sections and have smart numbering options for these sections.

3) Have height, width, and # of columns control - with rollover and wrapping functionality.  The dumbest version of this tool would create an "object" where I can set the height, width, and # of columns, and then it would simply fill and wrap as required.  It would also need to be able to "rollover" to a second object to be put on the next sheet if required.  I currently spend a crazy amount of time reorganizing my note pages - like a puzzle - moving note sections around - trying to get them to fit.  The smarter version would not create an object but rather create a sheet with your title block - but for now, an object would do.  

I am thinking of moving our general notes to Indesign - and then exporting PDFs back into VW because I can not take this anymore.  I have one section of notes that too long for the page - literally no fix expect to break it up. 

• Like 2

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet