Aristobulous

Windows 1903 update

Question

Posted (edited)

Updated to Windows 10 - 1903 yesterday at the end of the day.  Today VW is running rather... unsmoothly….  Every couple of minutes I get a short hangup.  Anyone else noticing stability issues or do I need to go monkeying around in my settings to figure out what Microsoft just buggered around with.

At first I thought it might have to do with the autosave cycle, so turned that off to see, and made no difference.

Edited by Aristobulous

6 answers to this question

2019 SP4, seems to be all files so far that I've opened today.  Windows has done something in the latest update and VW is not happy with it by the looks of it.

Update, the culprit seems to be the desktop background image slide show.  The hiccups were aligned to just after the desktop changed to a new image, disabled the slide show on the desktop and VW seems to be happier.  So MS seems to have done something to the backend causing screen processing or refreshing issues or something.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aristobulous said:

So MS seems to have done something to the backend causing screen processing or refreshing issues or something.

@Aristobulous I'm reporting this issue to our platforms teams, so if there is anything on our end to fix, we could address it in the next 2019SP.

• Like 2

@JuanPWhatever the issue is it seems tied to Desktop updates, when I turned off my background image slide show in the desktop Theme all issues stopped.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aristobulous said:

hatever the issue is it seems tied to Desktop updates, when I turned off my background image slide show in the desktop Theme all issues stopped.

thanks for the feedback. Creating a kbase article to keep the rest of the community informed.