KumaCAD

Custom Window & Door Trim Profiles

Question

I do a lot of interior renderings & I was wondering if it is possible to add a custom trim profile feature to the door & window tools?  

I currently work by having no interior & exterior trim selected in the tool parameters, I create an extrude along path with a 2d polygon as the trim profile, I place it on the jamb manually.  I then need to make this entire assembly a symbol to place it in a wall.

I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere as I'm new to this forum. This seems like could be a common issue for those trying to create realistic renderings. I included a image of a door with custom trim on a work in progress.

Thanks933521679_ScreenShot2019-08-06at11_53_04AM.thumb.jpg.588ee80ae0abf6ac1d36665f01e2e85d.jpg

• Like 3

4 answers to this question

I think that Wall Objects should have a number of trim options including wainscoting, raised panels, recessed panels, crown moulding and the like. Plus more modern finishes. These things are currently not possible without additional, more complex modeling.

There's a VE here.

• Like 4

This may be asking a lot, but it would also be nice if you could reference a 2d symbol for the profile on a path object(extrude along a path).

This would allow me to just switch out the 2d symbol's profile when a client would like to change the design of the crown or baseboard, for example, to a different shape, rather than having to edit each path object to trade out the profiles manually.  This is a very common work flow issue that I on run into...

• Like 4

11 hours ago, KumaCAD said:

it would also be nice if you could reference a 2d symbol for the profile on a path object(extrude along a path).

You might find a solution in this thread: 

• Like 1