2020 Teaser Tuesday - List Browser Direct Editing - Vectorworks 2020

JuanP

I like it too.

So I can now grab my Layers at every point to change stacking order 😉

Another thing I notice,

either VW took a lot of care to what is seen in the Videos, or not, consciously

or the expected deeper VW 2020 GUI improvements aren't that obvious.

Edited by zoomer
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, zoomer said:

Another thing I notice,

either VW took a lot of care to what is seen in the Videos, or not, consciously

or the expected deeper VW 2020 GUI improvements aren't that obvious.

They didn't accidentally reveal dark mode this time lol.

Edited by Mark Aceto
10 hours ago, Jim W said:

Oooooooh Single Sign On might be getting closer! 

And hopefully one step closer to what Maxon announced earlier today:

Cinema 4D will no longer be released with several versions (Studio, Broadcast, Bodypaint, etc) but as one R21 version.

"Removing the additional development efforts to maintain five different versions of Cinema 4D frees up resources which can be directed towards enhancements or features that will more directly impact your workflow demands. Additionally, multiple editions of the same feature set caused a lot of confusion and made it hard for customers to decide what edition of Cinema 4D they should purchase."

Edited by Mark Aceto
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

This feature really will make a huge difference and improvements to all Vectorworks workflows. It will be one of those things that once we get used to it, we won't be able to imagine living without it! Well Done Vectorworks and thanks for making this new feature so elegantly usable while keeping the old workflow too for die hard users. I am currently on holiday in Denmark, and Danish design really does focus on the minimal, clean lines and limited colour palettes and beautiful efficiency. It should be the same with software! Let's make vectorworks the best designed software on the planet!

Looking forward already to next Tuesday!

Firstly Yay. Hope this applies to many many things like editing and creating resources where they are used. Doing material selection for project yesterday updating model as I went, I think I counted about 6 times dropping out of the Modal Class edit dialogue to goto resource browser.

Secondly, do like the style of video this year. Real people real interface, real workflow.

• Like 1
  • Will this direct editing capability also apply to line/fill colors in the Classes Organization dialogue box?

• Will we see any additional fields added to the Navigation Palette that are currently only in the Edit or Organization windows? In particular, I'd love to see (and now edit) the Sheet Layer DPI in the Sheet Layers tab of the Navigation Palette.
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, Andy Broomell said:
  • Will this direct editing capability also apply to line/fill colors in the Classes Organization dialogue box?
  • Will we see any additional fields added to the Navigation Palette that are currently only in the Edit or Organization windows? In particular, I'd love to see (and now edit) the Sheet Layer DPI in the Sheet Layers tab of the Navigation Palette.

+1,000,000

I’ll take that 1 step further: convert the Organization DIALOG to the Organization PALETTE (to replace the Navigation Palette)

And don’t stop there... (looking at you, stair tool dialog)

Edited by Mark Aceto
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, Mark Aceto said:

And hopefully one step closer to what Maxon announced earlier today:

Cinema 4D will no longer be released with several versions (Studio, Broadcast, Bodypaint, etc) but as one R21 version.

"Removing the additional development efforts to maintain five different versions of Cinema 4D frees up resources which can be directed towards enhancements or features that will more directly impact your workflow demands. Additionally, multiple editions of the same feature set caused a lot of confusion and made it hard for customers to decide what edition of Cinema 4D they should purchase."

Haha, you dont really want that! Then everybody has to pay for a Designer Version and if you stop paying for it, your VW wont start again. Maxon axed all Service Agreements and kicked their Customers in the A**.

• JuanP unpinned this topic