Getting different renderings in layer vs viewport

jarjones

Question

I'm trying to produce a paint elevation of a mast for a scenic design.  It's a couple of extruded circles with a wood texture applied and converted to a symbol.  When I render in the layer (both Open GL and Final Renderworks), I get the expected result.  When I render in a viewport for a sheet, it appears without end caps, as a hollow tube.  The sides render properly, but not the ends.  I've checked all my classes to make sure everything is turned on.  The file it's in is too big to attach here, so I copied it into another file, but in that file, it renders properly.  Any thoughts on what's going wrong here?

Thanks,

Jeff

1 answer to this question

I've experienced what I believe is the same issue, where circular extrudes sometimes don't render their endcaps. I've submitted bugs on it but have never heard of a solution being found. There are of course workarounds such as converting your extrude to a generic solid, or extruding a many-sided polygon instead of a perfect circle, but obvious these have drawbacks.

It would even occur and not occur in the same viewport from one "Update Viewport" to the next...