Isolating pointcloud in clipcube

Kazemester

Question

I wish I could isolate (hide) specific points in a pointcloud while Im in clipcube. Clipcube is not an isolation itself, therefore while I try to isolate some visible points, the isolation “cuts” through the whole pointcloud even when the points are “behind” the clipcube’s plane.

Is there any workaround for this or it’s just not possible to program!?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Stephan Moenninghoff said:

Have you tried the Isolate Points button in the OIP? That gets rid of unwanted points for you.

image.thumb.png.64cdca5a7e543ef1f01ea5a11102b4c2.png

I know how to isolate points, what i ment is imagine a big pointcloud and you just want to hide some points in the middle. There are always other points in your way from your pov but using clipcube could solve this problem...or at least i thought it does. But when i isolated those points the other points were isolated as well outside the clipcube (which were not visible  outside the clipcube).

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
5 minutes ago, Kazemester said:

I know how to isolate points, what i ment is imagine a big pointcloud and you just want to hide some points in the middle. There are always other points in your way from your pov but using clipcube could solve this problem...or at least i thought it does. But when i isolated those points the other points were isolated as well outside the clipcube (which were not visible  outside the clipcube).

Yes, I get it. The clip cube is a visibility thing. That's sometimes counter-intuitive as you would expect objects that are hidden to behave like they are hidden and not be affected by selection. I cannot imagine dealing with point clouds without the clip cube but I share your view on how it should behave.

• Like 1