Vectorworks Design Summit - 2020

JuanP

• Administrator

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 4.36.58 PM.png

The dates are set, the place has been chosen, and we are sending "save the date" communications for our Vectorworks Design Summit 2020 in San Diego, California. Now, We’re looking for applicants to speak and train at one of our 40+ sessions. Proposals are due August 14, and we’ll contact you with our decision by August 30, 2019. If selected, you’ll receive free travel, event registration, hotel accommodations, and all meals included for the duration of the Summit.  Apply NOW

• Love 2
  • JuanP pinned and featured this topic
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Rossford Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you have some great insight on the venue. A session about your use of Vectorworks and collaboration with ACAD on their golf course would be a great addition to our schedule - could we convince you to apply?!?! https://www.vectorworks.net/design-summit/speak. If your chosen to speak we'll cover your travel, lodging and registration fee!

Nicole

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 8/7/2019 at 4:50 PM, Rossford said:

Not sure I will attend quite yet to what would be my 3rd Summit.  I hope to. Well worthwhile for those who haven't. 

I can attest La Costa is a really, really neat venue for the event...….They were a client a few years back and I used to walk around singing that old Steve Martin song, "I can't believe I get paid for doing this!" (or, staying there...….perhaps 50 nights over a few years.)

That's probably not why they chose the venue....but if attendees play golf there, they may take pleasure in knowing the golf courses were redesigned several years ago......partially on Vectorworks (by yours truly) in conjunction with a firm using ACAD for other parts.

Definitely bringing our sticks and plenty of golf balls to lose!

1 hour ago, Inspectorjack said:

Definitely bringing our sticks and plenty of golf balls to lose!

Yes, one of the mandates was conforming to California's then program of reducing turf areas and irrigation, especially what is now called the Champions course.  The Legend course will be a bit more forgiving, but not quite as scenic.

• JuanP unfeatured and unpinned this topic