Specific class column in worksheets

Hi, I am trying to create a worksheet which allows me to calculate the number of plants within a class layer. The criteria is set up for the layer that I want, I am just struggling to workout the formula needed to execute and wondered if anyone could help?

Attached screenshot of the current stage, I have isolated the class that I want but its not the right formula to calculate numbers. 

Thanks in advance 21003347_ScreenShot2019-08-02at10_26_17.thumb.png.fd05fb5ca48229973e936618447a1d8b.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve here. Are you trying to filter the list so that it only includes plants within the class listed in your formula?

If so, that just needs to go into the row criteria - right click on the row header and choose Edit Criteria. Add a further option for Class = LP-G712...

This will reduce the list to show only plants which are a member of that class.

If you are trying to list the class in a column, in the column header row, just type =C()

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply Tamsin.

I figured as much and have added the class layers into the criteria (LP-G721..A/B/C). I am trying to work out plant numbers ('Plant record'.'Quantity') for those specific class layers and not the entire design layer. I think there is a formula for it but I've ran into a bit of a wall trying to figure it out. So in that column I would like to isolate a class layer and work out the quantities for the species in that class 

604905499_ScreenShot2019-08-02at11_31_50.thumb.png.3efa60e93d27eb1a1bba8d99302199bc.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Well, you just need Plant Record.Quantity - as long as the filters work in the criteria, that will only include plants in this classes. 

I am puzzled when you say "class layer". Classes and layers are different things and not related to each other.

But if you want to group by class, then include a column that has =Class() in its header. This will list the class for each plant. Then. click the arrow to the right of the formula and check Summarise Items. This will group all the plants together by class and the Quantity column will add up the numbers for you (but you will need to have Summarise Values checked on that column).

Apologies for the confusion and the poor explanation, I meant only classes and not layers. 

Hopefully the screenshots attached shows clearer what I'm trying to achieve. I want to give each class its own column so I can calculate the quantities of the same species over a number of classes in the same worksheet. =Class() has given me the designated classes but =Class(Lp-G721 Soft Landscape A) doesn't filter out just that class data 

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 13.33.09.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 13.35.38.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 13.35.30.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tamsin,

Did you have any more advice on the above query? Any help would be appreciated

Edit: Managed to solve my own problem. Was a simple case of using the formula incorrectly. Solution: =((CLASS='LP-G712 Soft Landscape-A')*('Plant Record'.'Quantity')) with sum values ticked. This gave me the quantity of the plants in the each of the classes. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 11.25.44.png

Edited by fhunt
  • Like 1
  • Love 1