Snap to 3D point not on working plane?

I've been using Vectorworks since 2005 and this has been bothering me.  I have not found a way to snap to a point that is not on the layer plane or the working plane, and I'm hoping that this feature has been added at some point, and I'm just missing it.  If I were to want to draw an object aligned with the top, back right corner of a cube (as shown in the picture) and just began to create an object it would actually line up at the bottom of the cube which is on the layer plane.  To get it where I wanted it, I would have to either:

1. Switch to working planes, create the working plane and create my object, or
  2. Create my object, then drag it into position

Both of these requires several, unnecessary steps and drastically slows down the work flow.  

Any suggestions?

1.png

Drawing plane set to Automatic, rather than Layer, screen, screen aligned, working). This choice only appears if view is 3d and some draw/edit tool is activated. Sometimes it self activates, other times requires opening the Plane menu and choose “Automatic”.

Eg in your sample view, activate the 2d rectangle tool, hover on one of the faces of the box.  If the face highlights, draw your rectangle. It will stick to that plane. If no highlight, open the drawing plane menu and choose Automatic, then draw.

You will get the hang of it. 

- B