Wall visibility issue

Hi everyone

Im having trouble with my walls going invisible. 

I set my walls on a class layer (wall - exist on design layer 2). However when i try to view this class on Active only viewing mode, it only shows my windows 

On the other hand, when viewing all classes together on this design layer, the walls show normally. 

Ive checked the attributes of my wall class and it isnt set to none, so not sure what is happening. 

Would love your advice!

Pictures attached below 

2.PNG

first.PNG

One of my favorite topics.  😞

Active Only view of Classes is exactly what it says. ONLY the objects that are in that specific class are shown.

If you have a container object (Symbol, Group, PIO, Wall) it is possible to give the objects INSIDE the group a class that is different than the class that the Group has.

That means that you can make an object go invisible because the class that the Group is on is set to Active Only while the objects inside are set to something else and therefore nothing is seen.

The inverse of this is also true. If you objects inside the group that are in the Active Only class but the container object is not, then you still will not see those object because the Group being invisible makes all of the contained objects invisible.

My guess is you are using styles walls with components in different classes. That would explain what you are seeing.

In even moderately complex drawings, Active Only for classes is not very useful in real life.

You need to manually control the class visibilities to get what you need. Make sure that the classes with Wall Components are visible as well as the Wall class.

As a shortcut, did you know that you can hold down the Option key while clicking in a visibility column in the Navigation Palette and it will set that visibility for ALL the classes. Also remember that the Active Class is always visible. You can set your Wall class (or another group of classes) to visible and then use the Command and Left/Right Arrow keys to step through the other classes making them active and visible.