Section viewports crash often

jtempleton

Question

I have not had so many crashes since vectorworks was called Mini Cad 7. I'm using most current version of VW (2019 SP4) on a MacBook pro 2.5 GHz intel core i7, 16 GB High Sierra 10.13.6. I've started using the section viewports tool, creating the viewports on sheet layers and editing them on design layers, rather than my previous convert to lines method of creating sections (before section viewports worked they way the do now). I get frequent crashes when "editing in place"  via a section viewport. The crash most often occurs when I navigate back to the section viewport after I've made the changes I wanted to make in the building model on design layers. I've fairly new to 2018/19 versions of VW- I like the section viewport feature, but the crashes are frustrating. I do have back up files set to save every 5 minutes, but the disruption in work flow is frustrating. I'm not too keen on updating to Mojave, but would consider if it would fix the crash issue. This does seem to happen multiple files. (So I tend not to think it's an issue with this one file that's causing the crashes today).

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet