ericjhberg

Workgroup Templates not Available for One User...VW2019

Question

We have a strange occurence currently in our office. We use the Workgroup Library configuration to store collective resources, including template files. These are typically visible to every user via the Create Document>Use Document Template drop down menu.

One user cannot access the workgroup templates, even though the program is connected to the Workgroup Library and all other resources located within are accessible. Every other user in the office is fine.

Why would this one user not be able to access workgroup library templates?

2 answers to this question

I THINK that similarly named files in the workgroup folder override those in the application folder and the User Folder overrides the workgroup folder. I would start looking there.

Or as a quick/dirty test, just drag their user folder to the desktop and restart VW. If the problem goes away, then you know it was a User Folder problem. If the problem is still there, you can delete the newly created User Folder and drag the one from the desktop back.

27 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

similarly named files in the workgroup folder override those in the application folder and the User Folder overrides the workgroup folder

This is my exact understanding from when I inquired a few years back.