.LAZ file coming in to document way out of scale.

Good to know, @jamesmac. Unfortunately here, the whole entire point of a .LAS or .LAZ is to not have to scale it. It's infuriating that I'm taking a 1:1 file as input, Vectorworks is mangling it, and I have to re-scale it back to 1:1, sometimes with no way to accurately do that. I'll look into the State of Washington's data and see if the bounding box is a fixed size that I can use to scale the data back to where it should be.

Thanks for the update and confirmation that the tool is still broken.

Kelly 

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

@Eric Gilbey, PLA

Adding Eric:

- Per our conversation today at the Vectorworks Open House, here's the thread.

Huge Thank You for taking the time to push this up the developer flagpole (at least a little bit further than we have been able to). If the steps in this thread aren't clear enough, email me any time and I'm happy to walk anybody through what is happening.

Kelly.

• 7 months later...

OK, no apparent improvement v2023.

I'm importing NOAA point clouds to vwx georeferenced files.  Have tried the LAZ, LAS and both xyz options.  Tried with the Ground only and the All options. 

These point clouds import way too big and nowhere near the file's correct georef location or elevation.  I can cut/paste to a properly georefed DTM (eg made from NOAA contours) and then rescale at ≈.305, and move/nudge to make the points sit on the DTM.  This is not High Accuracy Reference Network.

And how does one apply textures on a point cloud?, eg the aerial or the local map.

Thanks, anyone who can unpack this a bit.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
Ha Ha HARN!