Sam Jones

Suppressing the Default OIP at creation

I remembering there being a way to keep the default OIP from appearing when the first PIO instance is created.  I can't find it.  Did I remember incorrectly?  If not, what is it?  :-)

TIA,

CONST
   kObjXPropShowPrefDialogWhen = 32;
    kCustomObjectPrefNever      = 0;
    kCustomObjectPrefAlways      = 1;
    kCustomObjectPrefNew         = 2;

blah blah blah...

in event loop 5:

gFlag := SetObjPropCharVS(kObjXPropShowPrefDialogWhen, Chr(kCustomObjectPrefNever));

Thanks so Julian.  I know I have never seen that SetObjProp call before, nor have ever seen one called inside another call.  Cool beans.

Unfortunately, 

gFlag := SetObjPropCharVS(kObjXPropShowPrefDialogWhen, Chr(kCustomObjectPrefNever));

Does not seem to work.  I have tried placing it in the Init Properties event (5) and at the beginning of the PIO code.

It works for me Sam and definitely needs to be in the kObjOnInitXProperties event (5). It's possible it also needs this:

CONST

kObjXPropAcceptStates = 18;

gFlag := SetObjPropVS(kObjXPropAcceptStates, TRUE); 

Also have you tried quitting and restarting Vw? I find this necessary sometimes even in developer mode.