Create new Leaf in Door

Try using one of the provided Custom Leaf options, then editing the 3d geometry to your liking. This might make it easier to understand the process. If you choose a Custom Leaf it will appear in the Resource Manager as a Symbol. Find the Leaf/Symbol in your file (not the Library file) and Option Click on it to Edit. Be carful not to move the geometry in 2d or 3d space. This will create alignment problems between the 2d and 3d.

Hi Cipes.

I am not sure whether its me being old but I hate to say it that I have tried and tried to follow your comments and whether I try to alter a leaf design or make a new one I still cannot complete it so it can be inserted into the door frame.

I'll keep trying as I know your instructions are complete. If I get it to work I will celebrate with champagne.

Kindest regards

Ken

Hello Peter

My sincere thanks. It is good of you to help. I have attached a smaller design to show the door and another VW of the door leaf.

I haven't sent the main file as it is very large.

I have had to send the main file, although the cut down version as a dxf as I cannot upload the vw file.

I hope you can download these

My sincere wishes

Ken

Door Trial.dxf

Door Leaf Symbol.vwx

Ken, I still am unclear as to exactly what you are attempting to achieve... But I do notice a couple things which might help: when I open the VW's file there is one 2d/3d Symbol. However two things about it are not correct. First, the View is set to Top/Plan, but that's not a Top/Plan depiction of a door; it's a Front (or Rear) depiction. Second, you seem to have created the "door" geometry from a Hardscape Object. Why? 

Try opening and examining the file I attached. It might get you part of the way there.

Door Leaf Symbol-2.vwx

• Like 1

Peter. Many thanks.

I have generated your image into my VW Door Custom folder and was able to open it up and set it into the main file. My sincere thanks for this.

I always inform trainers when I attend training sessions that I don't have a short term memory. I find it very frustrating that this is never believed and when I have to ask a simple question a bit later it is very embarrassing to me.

I appreciate your help in this and I cannot remember why I created the door from a hardware object. It may have been because I tried everything else and this was the last straw.

On the Top/Plan to Front view question. The 101 I found the door depicted was on the front elevation so I followed this; my fault.

I will now go and create some new doors with simple designs to get this under my belt.

My sincere thanks for your help in this.

Kindest regards

Ken