Conversion from MCD to DWG (AutoCad)

Hello everyone,

I hope that I am posting this in the right section, if not, please move it where it belongs.

I received two Vectokworks files from a client, who received the files from a third party I guess because they don't use or even know Vectorworks, could someone please help me convert these files in a usable version on AutoCad? Thank you very much for your time.

Regards.

Couple issues here. Vectorworks does not have the same Layers, classes and/or attributes setup as AutoCAD. IMHO, if you've never used Vectorworks, having somebody do a simple software conversion will probably yield you a huge DWG/DXF mess if the original MCD files are suitably complex. The Vectorworks export process is quite flexible, and you'll need some knowledge BEFORE somebody gets to that export process.

Step one is to download the free Vectorworks viewer. then you can at least see what you are dealing with. Have the client download it as well.

https://www.vectorworks.net/support/downloads/vectorworks-file-viewer

If you can figure out what you need out of the original drawing, you will have much better success having somebody convert the drawings for you. 

Otherwise you're asking somebody to read minds and that always ends poorly.

Does that make sense?

• 2 months later...