VW 2019 crashes unexpectedly and not sure whats causing it

T_Lilly

Question

Hi all,

Since i've got a new computer and installed 2019, i'v been experiencing a lot of crashes (anything more than 2 a day) without a common cause. Sometimes it would be panning across a design layer, sometimes shortly after drawing any object and other instances are flicking between sheet layers. I first thought it was because I had multiple views panes but it still persists. I'm not sure if it's the configuration of my computer, but it's not the worst performing one out there with AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Nvidia gtx 1660. All drivers and VW are up-to-date. If anyone could help it would be great to sort this issue out once and for all.

Thanks in advance.

Annotation 2019-07-26 091242.png

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @T_Lilly,

I believe that this is a graphics issue being caused by Vectorworks not using your dedicated graphics card (GTX 1660).  You can resolve this by doing the following:

Close Vectorworks > right click on the desktop > NVIDIA Control Panel > PhysX settngs (this might be called Configure Surround, PhysX) > set the PhysX processor to your GTX 1660 > Apply > Manage 3D settings > Program Settings > if Vectorworks 2019 is not in the drop down menu then click Add > select Vectorworks 2019 > Add Selected Program > Apply.

I hope this resolves your issue.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Please try changing your navigation graphics.

Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Display > change the Navigation Graphics to Good Performance and Compatibility.

If this doesn't help then I suggest you try resetting your user folder and running the repair tool.

User folder reset:

Close Vectorworks > Start > search %appdata% > Nemetschek > Vectorworks > rename 2019 to something like 2019old so you have a backup of your preferences.

Repair tool:

Close Vectorworks > File Explorer > navigate to Vectorworks 2019 Updater folder within the program folder (be default it will be located here: C:\Program Files\Vectorworks 2019\Vectorworks 2019 Updater) > run the updater program > let it refresh if needed > Advanced Options > hold Alt and click Repair.

• Like 1