Jidies

Dimension text not showing

Hi there

When i use the constrained linear dimension tool, it only creates the line work showing the measured space rather than showing the measurement. It used to show the numbers whenever i used this tool but now I have to click these lines in order to see its measurement on the object info panel. Is there any way i can get the numbers to show again? I have checked that the dimension class is visible. 

Attached below is an image to show what i mean. 

Cheers, 
Jenny

wdwd.PNG

In the Object Info Palette with the dimension selected there is a check box for "Show Dim Value" if this is unchecked then the value will not show.

I don't know of a way to set the default for this to be off, but if this is happening repeatedly it sounds like you found it.

Does this happen in just one file or in all files? If just one, then it sounds like you might have some file corruption and should talk directly to VW Tech support about their checking your file. If in all files, then you probably need to reset your preferences and maybe recreate your user file.

Ask again if you need more help.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Resolved the issue. 

Many thanks. 

Jenny

Edited by Jidies
  • Like 1