Display detail levels (Walls in particular)

Asemblance

Question

I like the introduction of the Display detail levels in 2019, but do miss the old 'on/off' switch for wall components to display in a viewport. I'd like to see this returned as a simple control because:

1. Less prone to error/less opaque (If I turn the detail level down to low, what else may turn off in my drawing without me noticing it..?)

2. More customisability. You may want to display a viewport without the wall details, but with other details showing.

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

Please upvote.

I really don't like that Medium Detail Level forces us to have Wall Components visible.

I've been editing some of our standard library symbols to show various things at Low, Medium and High, but now I have a floor plan where I want to show a Medium level of detail in my symbols but I don't want the Wall Components showing, which means I'm forced to use the Low setting.

3 hours ago, The Anorak said:

Just switch off the wall component classes in the viewport? Then the walls will be shown with the graphic attributes of the main class that it's on. 

Good thinking batman, nice workaround, thanks. I can see where this could potentially cause problems, say when the Classes you turn off are also in objects that you don't want off, and it's a little bit of a fluff compared to an on/off switch, but working well for me so far.

Edited by Christiaan
On 8/7/2019 at 6:03 AM, The Anorak said:

Just switch off the wall component classes in the viewport? Then the walls will be shown with the graphic attributes of the main class that it's on. 

True this works, but this is exactly what we USED to do before the on/off switch for wall components was added, so this would really just be moving backward, and re-introducing an old work-around. I'd hate to have to settle for that. My vote is on moving forward towards a more refined system.

• Like 1

True this works, but this is exactly what we USED to do before the on/off switch for wall components was added, so this would really just be moving backward, and re-introducing an old work-around. I'd hate to have to settle for that. My vote is on moving forward towards a more refined system.

yes, and anything happened since the last comment?   Even if we use classes there is an issue with that too, which I pointed out elsewhere, in viewport class control there is no groups or sets of classes like in the main navigation so that way is too time consuming.