'Glow Texture' - I'm new to it!

Micel

Hi Folks, 

Hope yer can help...working on a custom lighting project and would like to use the 'Glow Texture' effect to cut down on rendering time.

Never tried it before, so I've started having a play around and the problem I'm having is that the effect looks to kick in while it's rendering yet I end up with a 'White Object' once rendering is completed?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 16.37.38.png

Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 16.37.24.png

Had a play around this morning, but still unable to get the 'glow' to transfer on to surrounding objects...

Maybe it's something simple that I'm just overlooking...who knows?

I've attached my test file, if you do have the time to spare I'd appreciate any input you can offer.

Glow_Test.vwx

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

No time to explore your file just at the moment (in the middle of baking chocolate cake...)

But I did whip up this quick example. It is a closed box of walls floor and ceiling, with a camera inside and a sphere that is coated in glow.

I have added a Heliodon as this will not penetrate the closed box, but will turn off the default light in the scene.

Render with Realisitic Interior Final and you'll see the texture is emitting light. 

Render with Fast Renderworks (which doesn't use Light Bouncing) and you'll see it doesn't emit light.

Light bouncing is critical to success.

If you want more light, you can increase the percentage in the texture...

Glow Sphere.vwx

Hi Tamsin,

Thankfully all is good...but I would be interested in seeing the file you've sent over, unfortunately I can't open it in VW 2017 - when you have the time could you re-send (no rush)?

Again, thanks for your time and good luck with the cake...