Freelance Design/Drafting

I'm a sole practitioner in Houston, angling toward retirement, and overwhelmed with work. My practice is mostly commercial restaurant design, with an occasional custom home. I need someone to develop my VW design drawings and SD work thru permit-ready documents. Totally open to design collaboration as relationship develops. I have been using VW since the MiniCad days in the 90's. The ideal candidate will have VW-specific experience in a variety of project types. The ability to work from schematic design through the production of construction drawings with details is essential. Knowledge of light-frame wood and small commercial work is helpful. Quick study 3D drawings of design concepts are a vital part of my practice.

While the ability to meet deadlines with accuracy is vital, you otherwise have the flexibility to follow your own schedule. Location in Houston/Texas area a plus, but not a requirement. Work may be sporadic with both large (ground up) and small (remodel) projects over the next 12 months or so. 

Requirements

·       Vectorworks 2018 software

·       Experience producing CD's for permits

·       show fluency using Vectorworks

·       solid construction background

·       strong communication skills

·       ability to listen well and take direction

• Like 1