polylines and patterns

kristi

I am drawing an enclosed shape that consists of polylines, and arcs. After drawing the shape I have clicked on each segment and composed them, then I fill the area with a pattern. This has worked a couple times, but sometimes my segments won't compose. I'll click compose and then most of my lines will disapear. I've looked closely and think that each line and arc are closed and touching. Is there another way to add texture to my area other than the compose button? How can I be positive that my ends are meeting each other?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi, Kristi.

(1) if you please, send a copy of the file along with your above description to bugsubmit@nemetschek.net . This will help us fix any reliability bugs.

(2) As an alternate to get the desired result, you can overlap the crossings of your lines, polylines, and arcs, select them all, and use the "Combine into Surface" command. This approach will work great when the intersections of arcs and lines isn't too near tangent (and will even work then, you just have to make sure that they in fact intersect.)

Another option is to use the Add Surface. The sections you want to combine need to be filled or changed into a polygon for this to work. The combine into surface is much easier to use, but I have had times when this also would not work (probably a line not touching or something).