Odd Rotational Error With Fixture Symbols

LX1

Hello Team

I am having rotation issue with certain symbols. Basically when I rotate a symbol in 3D using the rotation tool or OI the body of the fixture separates from the head. If I rotate the symbol in the RM it is ok, until I insert it into the plan. If I then try and rotate it again the separation issue happens.

The attached VWX has two symbols one that has the problem and one that doesn't. I can not for the life of me see what is different between the two apart from class assignments given to the symbols.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Testy Spiider Rotation.vwx

Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 17.00.40.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It looks like you have the Parts Record attached to the Base group as well as the parts inside the base group.

Edit your symbol and enter the base group. Either ungroup the group in the base group and choose not to transfer the records or enter the group and detach the parts records from the objects. You will have to replace the instrument with the same symbol, save and open the file or something else to force the lighting device to update.

Testy Spiider Rotation.vwx

Thanks once again

I managed to solve the problem by attaching the Parts record to the objects with in the base group and also attaching it to the group. Which I believe is the opposite to what you recommended!