A.D.K.

Hang Position Data Tags

Hi all, anyone know how to extract hang position names for data tag purposes?

I'd also love to reference universes used on that position, but that might be more of a long shot:)

Thanks!

Ooh, thank you.  Don't know why I couldn't find hang position in the object function, but there it is.

I'd made a custom record for hang positions that had "Position Name" and a "Universe" text field, but now you've shown me where the name field is, it's probably easier to make it a manual entry.  It's just for display.

Cheers!

Ok next question, how do I make the tag have an "object association"?  I have used the same field you did, but it says I have no object association.

It seems when I copy a default tag, it retains its object association.  If I change the layout, or try to create a tag from scratch, I seem to either break or be unable to obtain an object association.

Is there some feature that needs to be included in a tag layout to make or keep its ability to pull its fields' info from an object?  The association seems to break even if I don't change the text fields or their definitions.

Attached is a sample file with what I hope are sensibly named data tags in the resource manager.  If anyone has any insight, the vwx help website is being the opposite of helpful.

Bad Data Tag.vwx

Edited by A.D.K.